To Qualify Applicants must apply to specific programs at participating partner universities in the UK, Germany, France, and Malaysia through the PTDF.
Participating universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Malaysia are the host institution(s).
- Study level: Masters and PhD
- Nationality: Nigerians
PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2022/2023.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), a Federal Government institution, is dedicated to the development of indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology in Nigeria’s petroleum industry.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist Nigerian students in obtaining and completing specialized programs from a varied pool of knowledge and facilities provided by world-class universities across the world.
PTDF scholarships are highly competitive, and only those with exceptional academic credentials, as evidenced by the quality of academic degrees, academic transcripts, other professional qualifications, and publications to be cited by the applicant, are considered.
Criteria for Eligibility for the PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship.
Applicants must achieve the following criteria to be eligible for the PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme in the UK, Germany, France, and Malaysia in 2022/2023:
• Applicants must have strong academic credentials, as indicated by the quality of their degrees, transcripts, and membership in professional organizations.
• Relevant publications that the applicant should cite (PhD applicants only)
• The study/research plan’s viability.
• The scholarship covers the cost of tuition and the bench fee.
• The provision of airline tickets.
• Payment of medical insurance premiums.
• Provision of stipends to cover the costs of living and transportation
Master’s Scholarship Requirements:
1. A second-class upper (2.1) or second-class lower (2.2) qualification in their first degree, plus appropriate industry experience.
2. Applicants must have completed the National Youth Service, which is a requirement (NYSC).
3. Have 5 O/level credits, including English Language, and be computer literate.
4. A statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) describing why they wish to conduct the study, its significance to the oil and gas industry, and its predicted influence on national development.
5. Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before submitting an application for the award. Applicants should be aware that they will need to validate their NIN before moving further with the application.
PhD Scholarship Requirements:
1. A second-class lower (2.2) in their first degree and a solid second-degree certificate are required.
2. Completion of the necessary National Youth Service is required (NYSC)
3. Know how to use a computer.
4. A study proposal for the oil and gas business that is no more than 5 pages long and includes the following sections: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology, and Data Collection Mode.
5. All lecturers must present a letter from their Vice-Chancellor attesting to the fact that they are not receiving any other scholarships.
6. Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before submitting an application for the scholarship. Applicants should be aware that they will need to validate their NIN before moving further with the application.
Other Important Information:
Candidates who pass the first round of screening will be asked to provide their academic transcripts; thus, all applicants should prepare their transcripts in advance of receiving such a request.
How to Apply:
Applicants for the PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarships in 2022/2023 can go to the application portal to create an account and fill in their information. An email will be sent to the email address you provided with information on how to login and change your password.
The required supporting documents must be uploaded in the required formats.
Applicants must scan and upload copies of the following documents to their online application:
• WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to access the O’level results on the relevant website • NYSC discharge certificate
• A recent passport photograph • A letter of identification from the local government • A master’s degree certificate (only for PhD applicants)
• Proof of professional association membership.
For further information, go to the official website.
The deadline for applications is January 28th, 2022.